There are few little tricks that can help keep you on track with your goals
- When I first decided to change my life I used every avenue I could get my hands on to get into my own head to figure out what I wanted and how to get it.
- As a writer and an avid reader, I turned to books to help inspire me to keep moving forward.
Here are some books that helped me dig deep into my head and gave me the inspiration that I needed. Hopefully they can help you too:
1) The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron:
- One of my patients gave this to me. It’s a great book to get you thinking about who you really are, and what you want from your life.
- Don’t let the title mislead you. It’s not just for artists, it is for everyone.
- It has weekly exercises in it that will get you to realize things about yourself you never knew.
2) The Secret by Rhonda Byrne:
- Power of positive thinking and visualization. It really does work.
- The universe really wanted me to get this book. This book kept coming up in conversations around me and that still didn’t get me to buy it. It was when it fell off a bookshelf at Barnes and Noble as I walked by, then picked it up and put it back only to have it slip and fall off the shelf two more times that I finally saw it as a sign I needed to get it. Either that or Barnes and Noble had oiled all the shelves that day making them slippery….
3) The Power by Rhonda Byrne:
- A continuation of the first and worth reading
4) Trust Your Vibes by Sonia Choquette:
- Gets you back in touch with your own gut instincts, which is something most of us ignore.
5) Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill:
- A classic that will never die
To name a few. These got me started
It’s very easy to lose your way so it’s important that you do everything in your power to stay on track. Believe me, in the end all of your hard work and perseverance will be worth it.