We all procrastinate. We’re not perfect. But if your procrastination gets so bad that it holds you back from accomplishing your dreams, this is when you have to take control and put a stop to it.
Here are some tricks:
1) Remove all distractions from your sight. Whatever your biggest distractions are, get away from them if only for a short while everyday. Distractions can be habits like roaming around on the internet for hours or can be toxic people in your life who hold you back.
2) Set your goals. What goals are you working toward? Where do you want to be in one year? Or better yet, in five years? Write down your 5 year plan and put it in a spot where you’ll see it everyday. Let that be your daily reminder of what you want to do with your life.
3) Think about the last day of your life. Not to be morbid but we are all going to die and you need to take advantage of the time you have. Time flies. If you’re not careful it will all pass you by. On your last day, what do you want to look back on as your accomplishments? What regrets do you not want to have that day?
4) Do at least one thing everyday that will move you toward your goals. One step at a time. One step is better than no step at all. For example, a person who writes one page a day, in one year will have written a 365 page book.
5) Surround yourself with successful people who are also chasing after their dreams. They will help motivate you. I believe who you choose to surround yourself with will ultimately determine the course of your life. Negative people who bring themselves down will drag you down with them. Choose to be with people who will uplift you and inspire you. Making that small, yet powerful change will dramatically shift your life direction.
6) Believe in yourself. Trust that no dream is too big for you and you’re meant to live the life you always dreamed of. That dream was placed in your heart for a reason. You’re supposed to make your dreams a reality. You’re not meant to leave them in the dark and waste them away with procrastination.